Agricultural and Biological Engineering Graduate Program
We offer Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degree programs in the Agricultural and Biological Engineering major.
Graduate students select research projects and supporting course work from a wide range of interest areas that match faculty research expertise.
Although Penn State is a large university, the atmosphere in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering is typical of a small university or college. Graduate students in our Department are invited and encouraged to participate in all academic, professional, and social activities with the faculty and staff.
Other features to enhance professional development for the graduate students include financial support to attend national professional meetings and clerical and technical support for assistance with research activities.
M.S. and Ph.D. enrollment is typically 40-45 students. Approximately one-half of our students are of international origin and nearly sixty percent are actively seeking Ph.D. degrees.
Students have identified the following positive attributes of graduate study in Agricultural and Biological Engineering at Penn State:
- Professors know students' names and treat them as individuals.
- Thesis research is on the cutting edge.
- Linkage with industry is strong and active.
- Good collaboration exists with other departments at Penn State.
- Good flexibility exists in the graduate program.
- Assistantship support is generally available.
- On-campus graduate housing is available.
- Penn State consistantly ranks in the top ten.
- State College is a rural location, yet close to large cities.
Come Visit! Penn State's beautiful University Park campus is located in State College, a small city in Central Pennsylvania. The Penn State community is rich in artistic, recreational, and sports activities. Life at Penn State and State College includes most of the amenities of large cities, yet with the quiet peacefulness of a rural setting. Large cities of the Northeast are within easy traveling distances. Look us over, come visit, and join our progressive and rewarding program. Thanks for your interest and contact us if you have questions.