Dennis Murphy Ph.D.
- B.S., Illinois State University, General Agriculture, 1972
- M.S., Illinois State University, Occupational Safety and Health, 1973
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, Agricultural Education, 1979
Areas of Interest
Agricultural Safety and Health: Current program areas include applied research and education for: tractor and machinery safety issues; youth safety; classification of agricultural deaths and injuries; methods of modifying farm worker safety behavior; evaluating safety interventions; and responding to farm injury emergencies.
- B E/ASM 426 Management of Safety and Health Issues in Production Agriculture
- ASM 496 Independent Studies
- Landsittel DP, Murphy DJ, Kiernan NE, Hard DL, Kassab C. 2001. Evaluation of Intervention Effectiveness in the Pennsylvania Central Region Farm Safety Pilot Project, American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 40(2): 145-152.
- Webb D, Murphy DJ, Kiernan NE 2001. Collaboratively evaluating cooperative extension educational interventions. Journal of Extension, 39(2): http://www.joe.org/2001april/a1.html (on-line only)
- Legault, M. L. and D. J. Murphy. 2001. Agricultural Safety and Health Best Management Practices CD-ROM. Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
- Murphy DJ. 2003. Looking beneath the surface of agricultural safety and health. St. Joseph, MI: American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 112 pp.
- Yoder AM, Murphy DJ, Hilton JW. 2003. Instructor Notebook: Hazards of Flowing Grain Demonstration. Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. 115 pp.
- Hill DE, Murphy DJ, Hilton JW. 2003. Managing Agricultural Emergencies: Farm Family Emergency Response Program Instructor Tutorial CD. College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. 21 minutes.
- Marlenga B, Pickett W, Berg RL, Murphy DJ. 2004. Operational characteristics of tractor drivers by children on farms in the United States and Canada. J. of Agricultural Safety and Health, 10 (1):17-25.
- Hilton JW, Murphy DJ, Yoder AM, Harshman WC. 2004. National Safe Tractor & Machine Operation Program Curriculum. Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Penn State University. 60 pp.
- Harshman WC, Yoder AM, Hilton JW, Murphy DJ. 2004. National Safe Tractor & Machine Operation Program Task Sheets. 77 Single Concept Task Sheets. Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Penn State University. 244 pp.
- Nichol CI, Sommer III HJ, Murphy D J. 2005. Simplified Overturn Stability Monitoring of Agricultural Tractors. Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health, 11(1)” 99-108.
- Robertson SM, Murphy DJ, Davis LA. 2006. Social and Emotional Impacts of Farmwork Injuries: An Exploratory Study. Journal of Rural Health, 22(1): 26-35.
- Agricultural Production
Agricultural Safety and Health