Why Major in BE?
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Early career Biological Engineering graduates will be expected to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic and engineering sciences related to biological processing, natural resource, and agricultural engineering fields;
- Effectively identify, analyze and design sustainable solutions to address issues and opportunities throughout the world;
- Have the ability to work in teams and effectively communicate within and outside the profession;
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, ethical integrity, and professional engagement.
What are Your Chances of Getting a Good Job?
Placement of students pursuing Biological Engineering into career positions is close to 100 percent. The demand for our students exceeds the number graduating. Graduates are in demand regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Graduates are employable
Yes! Jobs simply exceed the graduation rate. Recent BE alumni are employed by:
- Natural Resource Conservation Service (USDA)
- John Deere
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Food Processing Companies
- Biotechnology Firms
- Environmental Consulting Firms