Water Resources Modeler - Susquehanna River Basin Commission
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC), an interstate water resources management agency, seeks a Water Resources Modeler. The position will reside in SRBC's office in Harrisburg, PA, in the Monitoring & Protection Program. Duties of the position will directly support the Chesapeake Bay program offices for both Pennsylvania and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA).
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Performs simulations of existing land use conditions to evaluate nutrient and sediment pollutant loadings, along with various pollutant prevention/reduction scenarios associated with best management practice (BMP) implementation strategies.
- Evaluates the utility and efficacy of Enhanced Decision Support Tools including the web-based Chesapeake Assessment Scenario Tool (BayCAST) and Chesapeake Bay Facility Assessment Scenario Tool (BayFAST).
- Reviews and provides summary overview information as well as recommendations pertaining to technical, policy, and planning documents and directives developed by Chesapeake Bay program teams/workgroups (i.e. BMP Expert Panels, Water Quality Goal Implementation Team).
- Assists with development of Pennsylvania 's Phase 3 Watershed Implementation Plans (WIPs).
- Participates in technical advisory panels, work groups, and stakeholder outreach activities m support of Pennsylvania's Chesapeake Bay program activities.
- Assists with study design, implementation, data analyses, and interpretation of projects at site and watershed scales.
Eligibility requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in a natural or physical science discipline with emphasis on scientific investigation , data analytics and/or watershed management. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of relevant professional experience performing duties similar to those outlined above. Master's degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Familiarity with pollutant loading and BMP scenario assessment modeling tools (HSPF, MapShed , SPARROW, Chesapeake Bay Watershed Model 5.3) required.
- Familiarity with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling tools (HEC-HMS/RAS, SWMM, QUAL2K) a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with considerable knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and Microsoft Office applications.
Competitive salary and benefits package available, including health care insurance and participation in Pennsylvania State Employees Retirement System.
Send cover letter with salary expectations and resume emphasizing relevant experience, to email@example.com by January 31, 2017.Attn: Water Resources Modeler, Marcia Hutchinson, Director of Administration and Finance, Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 N. Front St., Harrisburg, PA 17110. SRBC is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.srbc.net.