Technical Team Member - Weyerhaeuser
The Technical Team Member at Sutton OSB is responsible for ensuring all quality expectations are met for the manufacturing site. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and outstanding career development. This position reports to the Technical Team Leader and is classified as full time, salaried non-exempt. The essence of this role requires a highly motivated, people-oriented individual for commitment to a proactive, practical application of safety and day to day operations.
The Technical Team Member is accountable for the continuous monitoring of product quality, and optimizes the product and process in response to current operating conditions. The Technical Team Member must be able to work independently and with urgency, offering feedback and recommendations on immediate or potential quality issues or opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Wood Science or similar technical degree is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use a personal computer, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to take direction and willingness to take initiative on new tasks.
- Ability and willingness to read & comprehend technical & non-technical info.
- Ability to use applied math skills/statistical methods.
- Ability to lift & handle materials up to 50 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to practice safe work habits and follow all safety policies.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability to independently analyze data and recommend alternate courses of action.
1. Visit wy.com/careers
2. Set up a personal profile.
3. Click on “Search for Jobs”
4. Search by specific job # 01010925
5. Click on “Apply Online”
**Please note you must apply online to be considered an applicant**