Technical Team Member - Weyerhaeuser
The Technical Team Member at Sutton OSB is responsible for ensuring all quality expectations are met for the manufacturing site. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and outstanding career development. The essence of this role requires a highly motivated, people-oriented individual for commitment to a proactive, practical application of safety and day to day operations. The Technical Team Member must be able to work independently and with urgency, offering feedback and recommendations on immediate or potential quality issues or opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Wood Science or similar technical degree
- Commitment to actively promoting/exhibiting attitudes and behaviors of safety and caring
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; possesses strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to use a personal computer; proficient in Outlook/Microsoft applications
- Ability to take direction and work in a cooperative team orientated work system
- Ability to take initiative, organize, and plan priorities; adaptable to quickly adjust to meet customer requirements and needs
- Ability read, comprehend, and correctly apply technical information, mathematics, and statistical methods; ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to safely operate lab saws, lift, and handle materials up to 50 lbs
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and meet expectations for attendance
- Resume detailing education and work history required for consideration
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing facility is preferred
About Wood Products
We grow trees and make forest products that improve lives in fundamental ways. Our wood products are used to build homes, where families are sheltered and raised. Our cellulose fibers are used to make diapers and other hygiene products that keep people clean and healthy. We innovate to use trees in products you may not expect, such as fabric, plastics and energy. At Weyerhaeuser, we’re working together to be the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company.
1. Go to www.wy.com/careers
2. Set up a personal profile.
3. Click on “Search for Jobs”
4. Find job number 01010731.
5. Click on “Apply Online”
Primary Location: Heaters, WV
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans