R&D Summer 2017 Intern Student - Huber Engineered Woods LLC
Huber Engineered Woods LLC operates five manufacturing facilities in North America with corporate headquarters located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Huber Engineered Woods is part of the J. M. Huber Corporation based in Edison, New Jersey. J.M. Huber is a family owned business that is diversified across a broad range of industries with innovative products and services in three sectors: Engineered Materials, Natural Resources and Technology-Based Services.
The Engineered Materials Sector consists of Huber Engineered Woods (HEW), Huber Engineered Materials (HEM) and CP Kelco. These businesses provide value-added specialty products that help improve the performance of consumer and industrial products.
Huber Engineered Woods LLC is a recognized leader in creating specialty wood composites for residential construction and industrial applications. HEW is focused on providing high quality, branded products including AdvanTech® flooring, sheathing and rimboard; ZIP System wall® sheathing and ZIP System roof™ sheathing; and several specialty original equipment manufacturing (OEM) products for millwork and transportation industries.
Intern Students will be working with Research Scientist, R&D Project Managers and other R&D members.
The job will be based at the Commerce, Georgia R&D Innovation Center, located about 20 minutes from downtown Athens. Principle duties of the job will be to conduct assigned duties related to specific research and development projects. To assist fellow members of the R&D Staff in planning, organizing, conducting, maintaining, and documenting research projects and research materials. Job duties will be hands-on with a large percentage of time spent in the R&D Lab working on assignments and learning the OSB business.
Duties of job:
- Assist R&D department employees in the preparation of experiments, such as: board preparation, sample selection, physical property testing, operating equipment, and recording data.
- Enter and process data utilizing computers. Collect, maintain, and summarize data and generate various reports.
- Prepare presentation materials to include graphs, charts, handout materials and samples.
- Recommend new laboratory testing procedures, data collection techniques, process improvements and procedures dealing with lab operations.
- Prepare written reports on projects.
- Conduct research on projects working under minimal supervision.
- Prepare samples and record measurements utilizing lab techniques which minimize chances for error.
Pursuing a BS in Engineering or Forestry/Forest Products
Full time student, Jr or Sr level preferred.
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Self-driven and able to accomplish entry-level engineering tasks with decreasing supervision over time
Develop an understanding of Research and Development.
Learn why Innovation is so important to companies.
Work assignments that will enhance problem solving skills
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
1442 Highway 334
Commerce, GA 30530
Fax: (706) 336-3084
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.