Lumber Trader Intership - Baillie Lumber Company
When you are a Baillie Lumber intern, you will gain valuable experience in product pricing strategies, negotiation practices, market analysis, territory management, and other standard business practices.
- Structured 8 week program at our Hamburg, NY headquarters
- Formal mentor assigned for entire period
- Travel outside the office on a regular basis
- Trusted with confidential company information
- Urged to work independently on assigned research project
- Access to top management
- Responsible for own schedule
- Weekly review sessions
A Baillie internship will help you gain first hand business to business experience in the field of sales & marketing. This position provides students interested in sales an opportunity better understand product pricing strategies, negotiation practices, market analysis, territory management, and other standard business practices. Work environment will include both an office setting and some travel. Students who are entrepreneurial, business-minded, achievers, independent and willing to travel are ideal candidates. Intern must have a reliable car for travel and unexpired passport for possible travel to Canada. Students should be targeting a 2017 graduation date.
Learn the duties and responsibilities of a lumber trader:
- Travel to sawmills & lumber yards
- Participate in both the procurement and the sales of hardwood lumber
- Interact with customers and supplies
Complete a research project in support of company goals and objectives
- Complete independent research
- Work with existing employees to gain further insight into Baillie Lumber Co
- Conclude with a formal presentation to company leadership team
- Relationships with customer
- Relationships with sawmill personnel
- Relationships with sales team
For more information contact:
Baillie Lumbar Co.