For the B.S. degree in BioRenewable Systems–BioProducts option, a minimum of 120 credits is required.
- About the BioRenewable Major
- Recommended Academic Plan - University Park
- Recommended Academic Plan - Commonwealth Campuses
- Course Descriptions for LionPATH Course Catalog
- BioRenewable Systems Advising Manual
The properties and uses of sustainable materials are the basis of the BioProducts option. We cover the production of these materials, how they are processed and converted to bioproducts, how the various bioproducts are marketed and sold, and how they can be recycled or repurposed. Business fundamentals and communication skills are interwoven in the curriculum.
Companies that might hire our graduates include: Armstrong World Industries, Arclin Composite Resins Group, Baillie Lumber, Boise Cascade, Danzer Veneer Americas, Georgia-Pacific, Huber Engineered Woods LLC, Lewis Lumber Products, Lumbermen’s Merchandising Corp., Weyerhauser, and Universal Forest Products.