BioRenewable Systems Major
BioRenewable Systems is an applied major that intertwines the study of engineering technology, sustainable materials, and agriculture with fundamentals of business, entrepreneurship, and management.
The BioRenewable Systems (BRS) program uniquely prepares students to solve 21st century problems and attain careers in both traditional and emerging sectors.
To prepare students for the broad spectrum of employment opportunities in these industries—from harvesting to processing to sales—the major offers two options:
The BioRenewable Systems major may be right for you if:
- You want to make a difference in the world by developing more efficient and sustainable technologies and systems.
- You want to work with engineers in the testing, development, and improvement of equipment, processes, or products.
- You enjoy supervising and interacting with other professionals, employees, suppliers, and customers.
- You want to demonstrate features, advantages, and benefits of new technologies or products and train service personnel.
- You are interested in business, marketing and sales, with a focus on biorenewable and agricultural industries.