Postdoctoral Appointment - Argonne National Laboratory
The Energy Systems Division (ES) at Argonne National Laboratory conducts applied research to develop sustainable innovative technologies to improve the efficiency of resource and energy utilization; to minimize our dependence on imported energy; and to enhance our national security.
You are invited to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee with the ES division. In this role, you will participate in the analysis of economic, environmental, and natural resource implications of complex adaptive systems that are important to sustainable energy and national security. You will also:
· Apply systems science, simulation, and advanced methods to develop sophisticated supply chain, manufacturing, life-cycle, and techno-economic models and use them to generate results that inform policy, investment, and deployment decisions.
· Identify data sources and manage data resources as required for robust and validated systems modeling and analysis.
· Innovate in the development and deployment of data analytic tools to solve multidimensional problems.
· Develop methods and analysis tools that are designed to address significant and topical questions related to policy, research, and investment.
· Conduct analytic studies in domain areas that may include advanced manufacturing, critical materials markets, supply chains, energy-water-materials nexus, and energy technologies.
· Participate and present seminars, contribute to the development of conference papers and presentations, and publish results in peer-reviewed journals/publications.
We expect you to have considerable knowledge of and skills in:
- Techno-economic, value and supply chain, and life cycle analysis of energy technologies and manufacturing systems.
- Data statistics and analytics.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Professional oral and written communication.
- Relating to sponsors, managers, and other members of the project team.
- Exercising independent judgment and defining project objectives and scientific/technical approach.
Interested candidates can view and apply to this position via the web.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.