Graduate-level courses are offered by the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering and may be used to fulfill a portion of a student's Graduate Program degree course requirements.
BRS 500 Research Methods in BioRenewable Systems (3): Intro. to research philosophies, methodologies, issues
and policies; measures of research quality; research report writing; research
- BRS 501 Bio-based Polymers (3): The chemistry, structure-property relationships, and
industrial applications of biobased polymers from plant and agricultural
- BRS 502 Biobehavioral Science in Management and
Technology (1): Develop an
understanding of the relationship between human behavior and professional
activities including management, leadership, and ethical decision making.
- BRS 511 Advanced Structural BioComposites (3): Manufacture and practices related to the production of
engineered biocomposites processed from lignocellulosic materials.
- BRS 550 Applied Bioproducts Marketing(3): Marketing applications for solid and engineered wood
products and biorefinery value chain outputs (environmental services, energy,
fuels, & co-products).
- BRS 551 Sustainable Business Strategies (2): Coverage of business strategies
that relate to sustainability and environmental issues.
- BRS 590 Colloquium (1-3): Continuing seminars
which consist of a series of individual lectures by faculty, students, or
- BRS 594 Research Topics (1-9): Supervised student
activities on research projects identified on an individual or small-group
- BRS 595 Internship (1-6): Supervised,
research-oriented, off-campus, nongroup instruction, including field
experiences, practicums, or internships.
- BRS 596 Individual Studies (1-9): Creative projects,
including nonthesis research, which are supervised on an individual basis and
which fall outside the scope of formal courses.
- BRS 597 Special Topics (1-9): Formal courses given
on a topical or special interest subject which may be offered infrequently;
several different topics may be taught in one year or term.
- BRS 600 Thesis Research (1-15): No description.
- BRS 602 Supervised Experience in College Teaching (1-3
per semester / maximum of 6): Provides an opportunity for supervised and graded
teaching experience in biorenewable systems courses