Virendra Puri, Ph.D.
- B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. - Mechanical Engineering
- ABE 504 - Mechanics and properties of particulate materials
- ABE 513 - Applied finite element, finite difference, and boundary element methods
- ABE 562 - Boundary element analysis
- BE 301 – Mathematical modeling of biological and physical systems
- BE 304 – Engineering properties of food and biological materials
- Served as the Acting Director of the NSF/IUCRC (Industry University Cooperative Research Center) – The Particulate Materials Center.
- Co-inventor and holder of patents for four test devices in the area of powder flow, deposition and compaction.
- Copyright for multi-purpose computational software dealing with powder processing applications.
- Member of Editorial Boards, International Advisory and Scientific Boards, and Chairpersons of several bulk solids-related publications and professional activities.
- Fellow of ASABE, Member of ASME, ASEE, and PTF
- Co-Editor-in-Chief of Particulate Science and Technology, An International Journal
- Editor of Transactions of the ASABE (Food Process Engineering) and Applied Engineering in Agriculture.
- Recipient of several teaching and research awards.
- Invited to offer seminars, courses, and workshops in powder mechanics to industry and academia.
- Pandeya, A. and V. M. Puri. 2013. Feasibility of relationships between tablet quality parameters and mechanical properties of dry powder formulation. KONA (Powder and Particle) 30:211-220.
- Yi, H. and V. M. Puri. 2013. Stress Gradient within Powder en Masse during Hydrostatic Compression. Powder Technology, 239: 47-55.
- Mishra, N. and V. M. Puri. 2013. Modeling the inactivation of Listeria monocytogenes by combined high pressure and temperature using Weibull model. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 36: 598-607.
- Zamil, Shafayet M., M. Amanul Haque, Hojae Yi, and Virendra M. Puri. 2013. Characterizing microscale biological samples under tensile loading - Stress-strain behavior of onion outer epidermal cell wall fragment. American Journal of Botany, 100(6): 1105-1115.
- Wang, Xinmiao, Satyanaryan R. S. Dev, Ali Demirci, Robert E. Graves, and Virendra M. Puri. 2013. Electrolyzed oxidizing water for cleaning-in-place of on-farm milking systems – Performance evaluation and assessment. Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 29(5): 717-726.
- Yi, Hojae and Virendra M. Puri. 2014. Contributions of the mechanical properties of major structural polysaccharides to the stiffness of a primary cell wall network model. American Journal of Botany, 101(2): 244-254.
- Dev, S. R. S., A. Demirci, R. E. Graves, and V. M. Puri. 2014. Optimization and modeling of an electrolyzed oxidizing water based clean-in-place technique for farm milking systems using a pilot-scale milking system. J of Food Engineering, 135: 1-10.
- Can, F. Ozge, A. Demirci, V. M. Puri, and H. Gourama. 2014. Decontamination of hard cheeses by pulsed UV-light. J of Food Protection, 17(10): 1723-1731.
- Zamil, Shafayet M., Hojae Yi, and Virendra M. Puri. 2014. Mechanical characterization of onion outer epidermal middle lamella under tensile loading. American Journal of Botany 101(5): 778-787.
- Kim, Keekyoung, Hojae Yi, M. Shafayet Zamil, M. Amanul Haque, and Virendra M. Puri. 2015. Multiscale stress-strain characterization of outer onion epidermal peel tissue in wet and dry states. American Journal of Botany, 102(1): 12-20.
- Nili, Abdolmadjid, Hojae Yi, Vincent H. Crespi, and Virendra M. Puri. 2015. Examination of biological hotspot hypothesis of primary cell wall using a computational cell wall network model. Cellulose, DOI 10.1007/s10570-015-0568-4.