Virendra Puri Ph.D.
- B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. - Mechanical Engineering
- BE 301 – Mathematical modeling of biological and physical systems (Fall semester)
- BE 304 – Engineering properties of food and biological materials (Fall semester)
- ABE 504 – Mechanics and properties of particulate materials (Spring semester; even years)
- ABE 513 – Applied finite element, finite difference and boundary element methods (Spring semester)
- ABE (E MCH) 562 – Boundary element analysis (Spring semester; odd years)
- Powder Mechanics – Research focus includes: fundamental powder and powder mixture properties, multi-scale constitutive models, and computational models for powder processes.
- Food Processing – Research focus includes: engineering properties, and integrated multi-scale computational and predictive models.
- Served as the Acting Director of the NSF/IUCRC (Industry University Cooperative Research Center) – The Particulate Materials Center.
- Co-inventor and holder of patents for four test devices in the area of powder flow, deposition and compaction.
- Copyright for multi-purpose computational software dealing with powder processing applications.
- Member of Editorial Boards, International Advisory and Scientific Boards, and Chairpersons of several bulk solids-related publications and professional activities.
- Fellow of ASABE, Member of ASME, ASEE, and PTF
- Co-Editor-in-Chief of Particulate Science and Technology, An International Journal
- Editor of Transactions of the ASABE (Food Process Engineering) and Applied Engineering in Agriculture.
- Recipient of several teaching and research awards.
- Invited to offer seminars, courses, and workshops in powder mechanics to industry and academia.
- Yi, H., F. Li, B. Mittal, V. M. Puri and C. F. Mancino. 2001. Measurement of bulk mechanical properties and modeling the load-response of rootzone sands: Parts 1, 2, and 3, Particulate Science and Technology, 19(2): 145-173, 19(4): 369-386, and 20(2): 125-157.
- Duffy, S. P. and V. M. Puri. 2002. Primary segregation shear cell for size segregation analysis of binary mixtures. KONA, 20: 196-207.
- Li, F. and V. M. Puri. 2003. Mechanical behavior of powders using a flexible boundary cubical triaxial tester. J of Process Mechanical Engineering, 217 Part E: 233-241.
- Tang, P. and V. M. Puri. 2004. Methods for minimizing segregation, a review. Particulate Science and Technology, An International Journal, 22(4): 321-338.
- Mittal, B. and V. M. Puri. 2005. Rate dependent elasto-viscoplastic constitutive model for industrial powders — Part I and Part II. Particulate Science and Technology, An International Journal, 23(3): 249-263, and 24(1): 39-58.
- Tang, P. and V. M. Puri. 2005. An innovative device for quantification of percolation and sieving segregation patterns — Single component and multiple size fractions. Particulate Science and Technology, An International Journal, 23(4): 335-350.
- Xie, X. and V. M. Puri. 2006. Uniformity of powder deposition in dies using feed shoe — A review. Particulate Science and Technology, An International Journal, 24(4): 411-426.
- Jun, Soojin, V. M. Puri and R. F. Roberts. 2004. A dynamic 2D model for thermal performance of plate heat exchangers. Transactions of the ASAE, 47(1): 213-222.
- Jun, S. and V. M. Puri. 2005. 3D milk fouling model of plate heat exchangers using computational fluid dynamics. International J of Dairy Technology, 58(4): 214-224.
- Liu, S. and V. M. Puri. 2005. Spatial pH distribution during ripening of Camembert cheese. Transactions of the ASAE, 48(1): 279-285.
- Jun, Soojin and V. M. Puri. 2005. Fouling models for heat exchangers in dairy processing: A review. J of Food Process Engineering, 28(1): 1-34.
- Liu, S., V.M. Puri and A. Demirci. 2007. Spatial distribution of population of Listeria monocytogenes during manufacturing and ripening of Camembert cheese. J of Food Safety, 27(1): 43-55.
- Biological and Food Process Engineering and Bioproducts
Powder Mechanics and Food Processing