Robert Shannon, Ph.D.
- Ph.D Environmental Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 1993
- M.S. Environmental Science and Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State 1988
- B.S. Environmental Resource Management, secondary major in Biology, The Pennsylvania State University 1979
- - Careers and Issues in Environmental Resource Management
- - Resource Systems Analysis
- - Wetland Conservation
For information about courses please visit the LionPATH Course Catalog.
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Society of Wetland Scientists
- Certified Professional Wetland Scientist (SWS)
- PWS certification review panel member
- Soil Science Society of America
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography
- American Geophysical Union
- Sigma Xi
- Strobl, R.O., P.D. Robillard, R.D. Shannon, R.L. Day, and A.J. McDonnel. 2006. A water quality monitoring network design methodology for the selection of critical sampling points: Part 1. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 112:137-158.
- Avery, G.B., R.D. Shannon, J.R. White, C.S. Martens, and M.J. Alperin. 2002. Controls on methane production in a tidal freshwater estuary and a peatland: Methane production via acetate fermentation and CO2 reduction. Biogeochemistry 62:19-37.
- Ehrhart, B.J., R.D. Shannon, and A.R. Jarrett. 2002. Effects of construction site sedimentation basins on receiving stream ecosystems. Trans. of American Society of Agricultural Engineers 45:675-680.
- Flite, O.P. III, R.D. Shannon, R.R. Schnabel, and R.R. Parizek. 2001. Nitrate removal in a riparian wetland of the Appalachian valley and ridge physiographic province. Journal of Environmental Quality 30:254-261.
- Ferree, M.A., and R.D. Shannon. 2001. Evaluation of a second derivative UV/visible spectroscopy technique for nitrate and total nitrogen analysis of wastewater samples. Water Research 35:327-332. Rauhofer, J., A.R. Jarrett, and R.D. Shannon. 2001. Effectiveness of sedimentation basins that do not totally impound a runoff event. Trans. of American Society of Agricultural Engineers 44:813-818.
- Shannon, R.D., O.P. Flite III, and M.S. Hunter. 2000. Subsurface flow constructed wetland performance at a Pennsylvania campground and conference center. Journal of Environmental Quality 29:2029-2036.
- Avery, G.B., R.D. Shannon, J.R. White, C.S. Martens, and M.J. Alperin. 1999. Effect of seasonal changes in the pathways of methanogenesis on the d13C values of porewater methane in a Michigan peatland. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 13:475-484.
- Edwards, C.E., R.D. Shannon, and A.R. Jarrett. 1999. Sedimentation basin retention efficiencies for sediment, nitrogen, and phosphorus from simulated agricultural runoff. Transactions of the ASAE 42:403-409.
- Natural Resources Engineering and Protection