Building Project Justification
- The ABE Department has outgrown its antiquated facilities.
- Classroom, research, office, and conference room space is limited due to increased needs of the successful programs in the department.
- New technologies, teaching approaches, and national/international collaborations demand different space needs than those available in our current building, designed in 1937 and 1968.
- Students, parents, funding agencies, etc. expect that the university will provide modern, comfortable facilities with functioning infrastructure and latest technologies.
- Our programs are strong and growing but the current state of our building is limiting our progress and inhibiting our ability to attract the best people and both develop and grow high quality research and educational programs.